Business continuity management (BCM) is an essential and strategic management process to GMH Pte Ltd which will enable GMH to:
- Ensure the health and safety of all staff, visitors, suppliers and partners.
- Protect the interests of key stakeholders and business partners.
- Protect organizational reputation and branding.
- Comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements (for example, workplace safety and health act).
- Minimize the impact of major disruptions to critical business functions, activities and operations.
BCM provides a framework for the organization to identify and mitigate key threats and risks, implement and maintain effective response and continuity measures during major business disruptions. BCM enables the organization to achieve the minimum business continuity objectives (MBCO) during major incidents and disruptions.
To meet the BC objectives, the organization will implement the BCM system (BCMS) that is aligned and certified to the ISO 22301:2012 Societal Security – Business Continuity Management System – Requirements.
All staff is required to contribute and participate effectively, based on their assigned roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, to ensure the success and sustainability of the BCM program. The BCM documents and plans shall be updated annually, or as and when there are significant changes.